A huge fire engulfed a Bronx apartment building overnight.
Blake spoke to the paper at a candle-lit vigil held outside the gutted apartment building at 2363 Prospect Ave. on Monday, adding that the toddler was often seen wandering outside the apartment building. People had very little time to react.
The vast inferno broke out at 5:30am in a first-floor furniture store, leaving one person seriously injured as it spread upwards.
Photos and video showed thick black smoke billowing from the building as firefighters doused water on the roof with outside temperatures hovering in the teens.
Four of the 22 people injured were brought to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries, the spokesman said.