Conor McGregor posts $50000 bond, released after arraignment
- Author: David Armstrong Apr 07, 2018,
Apr 07, 2018, 13:43
Conor McGregor has reportedly turned himself into police after crashing the UFC media today on Thursday in NY.
He has been charged with three counts of assault and criminal mischief and was making an appearance in a Brooklyn court Friday morning after being escorted there in handcuffs by detectives.
In-fact, following what one might deem attempted assault by Conor McGregor yesterday at UFC 223's media day, featherweight champion Max Holloway has never appeared more dissimilar to the soon-to-be stripped lightweight champion.
Speaking to the popular magazine White said: "There is a warrant out for Conor McGregor's arrest".
He previously told Reuters he made an eye-watering US$140 million from last August's boxing match with Floyd Mayweather but has not fought in the Octagon since the win over Alvarez.
Video recorded from a second bus shows men tossing trash cans and shoving each other, following the first bus as it backs out. I don't think too serious. In the history of the UFC, this is definitely the worst thing ever that's happened. He was apologetic about the people he wasn't trying to hurt, but he felt like the Khabib thing had to be done'. McGregor hasn't defended the belt since November 2016.
Speaking on Fox Sports 1 show "First Things First", White claimed McGregor told him: "This had to be done".
The melee is believed to be retaliation for a fight at a hotel earlier in the week between Nurmagomedov and a teammate of McGregor's Artem Lobov.
Michael Chiesa and Ray Borg both picked up injuries in the incident and neither will be allowed to compete at UFC 223 on Saturday night. He shouldn't receive a pass just because he's Conor McGregor, and the UFC will undoubtedly need to sit down with its favourite Irish superstar and have a nice chat about social media (and human being) guidelines. Flyweight Ray Borg (11-3) has been forced out of a bout against Brandon Moreno because of what the UFC described as multiple corneal abrasions.
McGregor was not scheduled to be part of Saturday's fight, which will determine who takes his title as the next lightweight champion.
McGregor profanely responded on Twitter and wrote, "You'll strip me of nothing".
"As you can imagine, he's going to be sued beyond belief", White said.